Travelling with DoTERRA Oils:
I don’t know about you but between flying somewhere hot on winter break and summer road trips I find I’m traveling a lot these days! I’ve also done a lot of research on where germs live on the plane, trains, rental cars and public bathrooms ( Kind of wish I hadn’t read all that) so I’m extra cautious when I’m traveling. Luckily we have access to safe and natural solutions with essential oils that can help us prevent picking up those germs and make our whole traveling experience a pleasant one! Below are the doTERRA oils that I will not travel without- and yes you can take them in your hand luggage on the airplane!
The most necessary oil for travelling is our IMMUNITY BLEND which contains Wild Orange, Clove, Cinnamon, Eucalyptus, and Rosemary. All these oils have been shown to serve as protection against environmental threats making them ideal for travel! Here’s how I use onguard when traveling:
- I spray the seat belts, arm rails, and tray table on airplanes with the onguard hand sanitizing spray
- The kids and I all get onguard on the bottoms of our feet before we get on the plane to create a little bubble of immunity and protect us.
- I will also preventively take the onguard softgels the day before the trip and the day of the trip ( 2 pills twice a day) to boost my immune system.
Being a very versatile oil I always keep peppermint in my bag! Below is how I use it for travel:
- I tend to get motion sickness so I like to use peppermint proactively. When I get on the plane or in the car I dab a drop of peppermint behind each ear to prevent motion sickness.
- If someone becomes nauseous during the trip a drop or two of diluted peppermint on the back of the neck is very heplful
- If the plane or weather is too hot peppermint on the back of the neck also does the trick! You can apply it diluted or you can make a cooling spray with peppermint.
- Peppermint can also be used for headaches from flying- a dab on each temple works great.
Known as our tummy tamer oil Digest Zen is made up of Anise, Peppermint, Ginger , Caraway, Coriander, Tarragon, and Fennel essential oils. Ginger, Fennel, and Coriander are known to help ease occasional stomach discomfort, including motion sickness and indigestion. Peppermint, Tarragon, Anise, and Caraway aid with digestion and help maintain a healthy gastrointestinal tract. Here’s how I use digest zen:
- If you or your little ones are prone to motion sickness you can rub digest zen diluted with coconut oil on your belly prior to the trip as a prevention measure.
- If you are trying new foods on your trip it can be helpful to have a drop of digest zen in your water to soothe your stomach.
If you are like me and don’t love getting on planes then Balance may be the solution for you! Balance is a beautiful grounding blend made up of Spruce, Ho Wood Frankincense, Blue Tansy, Blue Chamomile, and Osmanthus essential oils in a base of Fractionated Coconut Oil. These oils have been shown to promote tranquility and relaxation.
- Prior to my trip if i’m starting to feel nervous I will put a few drop of balance on my chest (heart chakra) and on my wrists to help stay calm.
- I also put balance on my scarf so I can smell the calming aroma while on the plane.
- Balance can be used throughout the trip any time you have anxious feelings simply by opening the bottle and taking a deep breath inhaling it. Long lines at customs won’t feel so frustrating when you have Balance on hand!
What are your fave oils to take with you when travelling? Need any of these oils? Email me to grab them and make your trip a success!