Did you know essential oils play an important part in zero waste living? You can literally create hundreds of DIYS with our therapeutic grade oils rather then buying wasteful packing and toxic products! From cleaning supplies to dry shampoo to face masks to moisturizer you can pretty much make everything you need using oils and a few other simple ingredients!
So let’s dive into a few recipes you can easily make for pennies!
All Purpose Cleaning Spray:
With this spray there’s no need to put on a mask or gloves to avoid toxins because the ingredients are actually safe to eat! Yes you heard me correctly- if you by accident drank this cleaning spray you would be totally fine. This makes me so happy as I have little ones and pets in my house who I don’t want exposed to harmful chemicals and toxins found in even the “green” or “organic” store bought cleaners.
¼ cup white vinegar
1 ¾ cups water
30 drops doTERRA essential oils
Some essential oil combinations to try:
- 15 drops each of Lavender and Lemon
- 30 drops On Guard immunity blend
- 15 drops each of Grapefruit and On Guard immunity blend
- Add all ingredients to 16 ounce spray bottle.
- Shake thoroughly. Spray on surfaces and wipe clean.
DIY Face Mask:
Cuddle up with a good book this sunday and Nourish your skin with this easy to make but effective clay mask! It is great for all skin types. This recipe makes enough for one facial mask and should be applied to skin at least once a week for best results. Wanna make more? double or triple the recipe and store it in a glass jar!
2 teaspoons bentonite clay
2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar ( I use this one)
- Combine clay and vinegar in bowl and stir until well combined.
- Then add essential oils.
- Apply to clean skin, avoiding the areas around eyes and mouth.
- Let dry for 5–15 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water and follow with moisturizer.
DIY Body Scrub:
This coconut salt scrub will help exfoliate dry winter skin and bring back its bright, youthful appearance! Perfect any time of year and best done weekly!
- Melt coconut oil in microwave
- Add Fractionated Coconut Oil and Salt to melted coconut oil.
- Stir until combined.
- Add your two oils
- Let sit until coconut oil solidifies, stirring every 10 minutes. Tip: Put in refrigerator to speed up the cooling process.
- Stir until well combined and store in an air-tight container.
- To use, rub on skin and rinse with warm water.
You are now on your way to zero waste living with three easy to use DIY’S! Not only are they low waste but are also toxin and chemical free so good for the environment and YOU! The good news is these oils all come in one zero waste starter kit so you can easily begin your journey. It also comes with a free diffuser so you can toss your toxic candles (yes they are toxic and bad for the environment) and start diffusing instead! Grab it here and get a free bottle of wild orange and welcome package from me.
Want to repurpose your empty essential oils bottles? I have 13 amazing DIY recipes to do just that here!