As a celiac babe, I’m always looking for yummy gluten free treats that also offer some nutritional value! Recently I had some delicious energy balls from COCO BEET which is a fantastic juice bar in a Boston suburb and I just had to recreate a version when I got home. Below is my recipe- let me know how you like them!
1/2 cup of Crushed Walnuts
1/3 cup of shredded coconut flakes & 1/4 cup for rolling
1 1/2 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder
1 spoon of organic maple syrup
1 teaspoon of chia seeds
1 pinch of pink himalayan salt
1-2 tabelspoons of water
- Place all ingredients in your blender
- add more water as needed depending on how thick it is
- remove mixture and roll into balls
- coat each ball with the remaining shredded coconut
- place in the fridge or freezer depending on your preference (i prefer them in the freezer and I eat them straight out of it)
Happy eating! These are great for an on the go energy boost!